Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Spring!





Since I last blogged, we have flown to Georgia for Spring Break and Caroline is now potty trained!

It was a fiasco getting to Atlanta, but it all worked out in the end. We were supposed to fly out Friday after school, but our flight was canceled and the next available flight was Sunday evening. I was CRUSHED because the pupose of my trip was to throw a party for one of my dearest friends, Alison, that's getting married in May. I can't be in her wedding because of baby girl so this was my big contribution to her wedding. I hate being at the mercy of the airlines!

Our weekend wasn't a waste though. Allison, Bella, and Alex were in town for their break and we were originally going to miss seeing them. So instead of heading to the airport Friday, we hopped in the car and drove up to Athens for a weekend with the cousins. Caroline loved spending time with the kids, including Curtis and Charles. It was the first time they have ever all been together. Nana's house is always a lot of fun since there are so many animals to see (dogs, goats, llamas, etc.).

After driving back from Athens, Alex dropped us off for our flight. This was Caroline's last trip as a "lap baby". I wish I had a picture because I don't have much of a lap and Caroline weighs 33 lbs!! The flight crew looked at us when we boarded like "you've got to be kidding". The exact words were "amazing" and I'm not sure if that was a compliment. Oh well, we saved some money! Caroline was great on the plane and my recommendation for anyone flying with a 1-2 yr old is buy a portable DVD player! It makes all the difference.

Caroline was so excited to see her Nona and Grandpa. She has been so good at calling him Grandpa and not "BaPa", but as soon as she saw him she pointed and said "Bapa!" She was probably wondering who this Grandpa character was the whole time. Buy the time we made it to Gainesville that night, she was DONE She had gone from excited to "NO Georgia!" The rest of the trip made up for it and she had a blast. She saw lots of family (especially the beloved Uncle Paul), threw rocks in the lake (her favorite), and ate lots of clam dip! It was a nice relaxing week. We even practiced dying Easter eggs and hunting. She's going to be a pro this Sunday. I had a great time seeing everyone too and I loved getting to see where Paul and Lindsey will get married this summer. It's beautiful!!!

After coming back from GA, we decided it was time to go to school in panties! I'm talking about Caroline =) She had two accidents the first day. Both times on the playground. After that she has not had an accident. She still wears a diaper at night, but I'm not complaining about one diaper a day!!! She's so proud of herself and we are so proud of her.

I promise to post more from this weekend after the Easter festivities!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=156523343506%3A1096279614&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

No comments: