Monday, October 25, 2010

Amelia is 5 months old!

I cannot believe that my baby is 5 months old! Time has flown by. She is now sitting up on her own and babbling. Her favorite thing to say is "da da da". After five months of getting up every night to nurse, this is the thank you that I get? Hmmm is that fair? Oh well, she's still my sweet pea. This past weekend, she teased me by sleeping through the night 7:30 pm to 6 am two nights in a row. Unfortunately, she was up again at 2 am Sunday night and last night. I can't complain too much because she usually nurses and is back asleep in 20 minutes. She is still not quite ready for baby food. We've tried for the last month and she gags on the spoon and looks utterly repulsed by the whole thing. We tried one of the baby food "nets" that she can suck/gnaw and that worked a little better. Might have something to do with the sweet potato casserole with brown sugar that I stuffed it with =) Caroline was so ready to eat at four months and Amelia is taking her time. It's kind of nice to not have to fool with food at school yet. I'm going to try to enjoy another month of her only needing me. She's definitely easy to pack for!

No comments: