Drawing with Powell, Caroline's best neighborhood friend. He's the third son...therefore clothing is optional =)
I've got to get this girl back to GA. She's become a "cow" fan aka longhorn.
Amelia LOVES BBQ and ribs from the County Line!!!
Happy Hour with Ceci and Taelyn. The girls loved dancing with the band. Freddy's Place has a playground and live music Friday's. Caroline has been begging to go back!
Amelia celebrated Valentine's Day with some tasty leaves!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Baking Mommy's birthday cake!!
Wow! January and February were a blur. They are probably my least favorite months. Work has been quite stressful and we have been battling endless colds. Thank goodness Spring Break is next week!!
A couple good things happened in February. I celebrated my birthday and Baby Brinson arrived! My birthday was on a Friday this year and I had not planned to take the day off. Well, mother nature arranged for me to have a snow day that Friday! We woke up to a beautiful blanket of white with a thin layer of ice underneath. It was such a rare treat for Austin!! Alex took me to dinner Saturday night to La Contessa, an amazing gourmet Mexican restaurant next to the new Austin City Limits theatre. Caroline helped make me an amazing chocolate cake with lots of sprinkles and she went shopping with her daddy for my present. She kept the secret for about an hour. We were in the kitchen cooking together when all of the sudden she looked up and said, "You need to go get your present out of Daddy's car. It's a red, sparkly necklace." Well, it was a beautiful turquoise necklace so she was half right =) Baby Brinson was a bit of a surprise coming a few weeks early, but he is doing great! He and Cat were able to leave the hospital right away and he's growing like a weed. Cat and Wes seem to be doing great. I just wish I lived closer to help! We cannot wait to meet the little man.
Caroline is growing up so quickly. Her favorite thing to do after school is to dress up as a teacher and "teach" Amelia and I. She can be very bossy =) Caroline and Powell, a boy her age that lives next door, have been playing together almost every day. They are constantly running back and forth between our houses. We celebrated her bestfriend Ceci's birthday in February at the Little Gym. Caroline told everyone that it was Ceci's birthday. She really honored her friend.
Caroline's really into Peter Pan and Cinderella. I used to dream and talk about Peter Pan when I was little and I love the fact that she has fallen in love with the story too. She is constantly asking about Captain Hook and the tic-tocking crocodile. She also seems to have a little crush on Micheal. I'm interested to see if she's going to bring home a tall, skinny, boy that wears thick glasses and a top hat. Last week, Caroline spilled a cup of water all over the kitchen floor and I made her get a towel and clean it up. She told me that she was just like Cinderella. Does that make me an evil stepmother/stepsister???
Amelia is still our little sweet pea. She is a super fast crawler and she's starting to travel on her feet by holding onto things. Unfortunately, our little Mia is still putting everything in her mouth. Caroline and I were planting last week and Amelia crawled over to us and the next thing I knew, she had a mouth full of mud! It's pay back for Alex and I laughing at other kids eating sand when Caroline was a baby.
We have gone into full spring gear with lots of planting projects. Caroline is an avid gardener. We went to the kite festival in Zilker Park yesterday and had a lot of fun. I had no idea that there could be so many kites in one place! Amazing! Caroline talked to everyone and asked to pet every dog she could find. She doesn't have a shy bone in her body or any fear of dogs. We've got some work to do about strangers and unfriendly dogs!
We're headed to Athens this weekend for some family time on the farm and then back home for a relaxing week off. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment