We started off our July 4th weekend with a learning experience. Last Friday, Caroline swallowed a penny. I was running around trying to buckle car seats and load up snack traps, diapers, etc. for a last minute play date at the Austin Children's museum and I noticed that she was playing with something she had found in the car. Caroline has never been bad to put things in her mouth, but for some reason I asked what she had in her hand. She showed me the coin and I didn't think much of it. Next thing I know she asks me, "Where'd the penny go?" I said, "I don't know, Caroline. Where did it go???" She then pointed to her open mouth. I searched her mouth and no penny. I asked her if she ate penny and she said "Yes!" So, I called Dr Anna and left a message and we went on to the museum and lunch with Daddy. I wasn't going to let one penny spoil getting out of the house. If you've loaded the kids and all the gear, there's no going back! Anyway...Anna said that we needed an x-ray. When I pass this along to Alex, his reply is "Well, how do you know she swallowed it??" Ummm, she's TWO and she told me the penny was in her tummy! What else do I have to go with here? So, Caroline had her first x-ray and yes, she has a penny in her tummy. We are supposed to wait two weeks for it's arrival. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. This will be one of those stories to pass on to her kids one day.
Welcome to the Mathes Family Blog! We hope to keep everyone updated on our little family. Please visit often!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
The Penny!
We started off our July 4th weekend with a learning experience. Last Friday, Caroline swallowed a penny. I was running around trying to buckle car seats and load up snack traps, diapers, etc. for a last minute play date at the Austin Children's museum and I noticed that she was playing with something she had found in the car. Caroline has never been bad to put things in her mouth, but for some reason I asked what she had in her hand. She showed me the coin and I didn't think much of it. Next thing I know she asks me, "Where'd the penny go?" I said, "I don't know, Caroline. Where did it go???" She then pointed to her open mouth. I searched her mouth and no penny. I asked her if she ate penny and she said "Yes!" So, I called Dr Anna and left a message and we went on to the museum and lunch with Daddy. I wasn't going to let one penny spoil getting out of the house. If you've loaded the kids and all the gear, there's no going back! Anyway...Anna said that we needed an x-ray. When I pass this along to Alex, his reply is "Well, how do you know she swallowed it??" Ummm, she's TWO and she told me the penny was in her tummy! What else do I have to go with here? So, Caroline had her first x-ray and yes, she has a penny in her tummy. We are supposed to wait two weeks for it's arrival. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. This will be one of those stories to pass on to her kids one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment